Flaky Dough Pastries Workshop [25 Feb 9am]
The Chinese Flaky Pastry Dough 油酥皮, also known as Huaiyang Flaky Pastry Dough 淮揚酥皮, is made by a layered pastry that is similar to the western puff pastry. Puff pastry is usually made with butter while the Chinese layered pastry is made using lard or shortening. I have formulated a recipe that does not contain shortening or lard but am yet able to retain the crunch and layering. Best of all, it is more fragrant and flavourful. Come join us in this class and learn how to use this flaky pastry to create the delicious Hong Kong Wife Biscuit (老婆饼), Taiwan Sun Biscuit (太阳饼), and Singapore Flaky Curry Puff.
This workshop is suitable even for beginners without experience.
– Introduction to ingredients
– Learn how to make flaky dough
– Understand the science behind the layering
– How to prepare fillings for pastries
– Make 3 different Chinese Flaky Dough Pastries.
1.Hong Kong Wife Biscuit (老婆饼)
2.Taiwan Sun Biscuit (太阳饼)
3.Singapore Flaky Curry Puff
Date & Time:February 25, 2023 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Location: 79A Serangoon Garden Way, Singapore 555975
Instructor: Joan Lim (IG: @savouryart)
Duration: 7 hours (45mins of lunch break)
You will also get to bring home these following:
– 4 x Hong Kong Wife Biscuit (老婆饼)
– 4 x Taiwan Sun Biscuit (太阳饼)
– 4 x Singapore Flaky Curry Puff
– 10% OFF storewide voucher at Wheat outlets
– Full recipe
*Please inform us in advance of any allergies, disabilities, diabetes, pregnancy, epilepsy, learning difficulties etc.
6 in stock
MEET JOAN LIM
- To lock a date (Baking workshops), payment in full is required through a credit card before the class.
- Customers are responsible to ensure they receive a receipt and confirmation.
- Please inform us in advance of any allergies, disabilities, diabetes, pregnancy, epilepsy, learning difficulties etc.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Please note that fees paid are strictly non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
- Participants are responsible to arrive at the workshop 10 mins before the workshop starts.
- A non-refundable administration fee of S$15 applies for every change request.
- Little Bakers Lab do not provide refunds or credits when a participant fails to attend a baking workshop.
Staying Safe and Healthy
- An attendee won’t be allowed into the baking workshop if showing any symptoms related to Covid19 and no refunds will be provided.
- For the baking workshops, customers should be dressed comfortably but with safety in mind. Do not wear loose clothing that could get caught in machinery or equipment. Jewellery should not be worn. You should wear hair clips or bands for long hair.
- All chef instructors, staff, and participants will be wearing mask at all times, except when drinking from your own water bottle.
Images, Videos and Recipes for any of the Little Bakers Lab workshops
- Recipes will be handed in hardcopy to participants.
- These recipes are and remain as intellectual property of Little Bakers Lab.
- The customer may not use, or make copies of Little Bakers Lab's recipes, images and videos for any commercial use or share them with the general public, friends or family.
- Little Bakers Lab Pte Ltd reserves the right to take judicial action to prevent any unauthorized use of Little Bakers Lab's recipes, images and videos.
- Little Bakers Lab reserves the copyrights of photography and videos taken in class for future promotional purposes, without prior notice. If you do not wish to be included in such, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us prior to the class. Failure to do so will mean that you waive all rights to Little Bakers Lab to use photos or videos that we have captured of you during the class.
- In the event that the minimum number of participants is not met, the class will be cancelled. We will inform you via email. You can choose to either get a refund of the class fee or attend another class of the same value.