Introduction to Sourdough and Focaccia Workshop (Beginner)
“Flour, Water & Salt + Culture, Warmth & Time = Sourdough . Sourdough is the oldest way of making bread, and uses naturally occurring wild yeast and lactic acid bacteria. It produces bread with a distinctive taste, but it is about far more than amazing flavour and nutrition. The process of baking sourdough is sensuous-it nurtures both mind and body, and requires a thoughtful and spiritual approach. Artistic and scientific, it is a combination of passion, patience, dedication, and craftsmanship.”
– Kimbell, Vanessa. (2020). The Sourdough School Sweet Baking—Nourishing The Gut & The Mind. Kyle Books.
Step into the world of exquisite baking with our all-encompassing workshop that will take you on a journey through the art of sourdough, focaccia. This hands-on experience will open your senses to the delectable aromas, flavours, and textures that only artisanal bread can deliver. Set aside your day to indulge in the joys of baking, where you can sit back, relax, and truly enjoy the entire creative process.
This workshop is tailor-made for absolute beginners, and anyone eager to dive into the world of sourdough and focaccia baking, no prior experience is necessary.
– Type of bread and benefits of sourdough bread.
– [Demo] Making sourdough bread by hand.
– [Demo] Pre-shape, shape, final proof and scoring .
– Stretch and fold, coil fold to build dough strength.
– Baker’s Percentage. How bakers scale and share their recipes easily.
– How to prepare a levain/leaven from your sourdough starter for baking and maintenance.
– Steps to make sourdough bread.
– How to make focaccia loaf .
You get to bring home these following:
– 60g of sourdough starter.
– 1 x loaf of Focaccia.
– [FREE] Little Bakers Lab Apron.
– [FREE] Glass air tight jar for your starter.
– [FREE] CHEFMADE 2pcs of silicone spatula set.
– There will be Sourdough samples to be consumed during the workshop.
– Course material with recipe and instructions.
– 10% OFF storewide voucher at Wheat outlet.
Meet Chef Tan, a true artisan bread enthusiast, whose profound love and passion for sourdough has become a lifelong journey. With over seven years dedicated to exploring the world and honing his expertise, Chef Tan is a globetrotter of sourdough, a traveller in pursuit of both its rich history and the intricate science behind this beloved bread.
Having traversed diverse countries and cultures, Chef Tan is like a “living book” of sourdough knowledge. He has immersed himself in the traditions, techniques, and unique approaches to crafting the perfect sourdough loaf.
Terms and Conditions
- To lock a date (Baking workshops), payment in full is required through a credit card before the class.
- Customers are responsible to ensure they receive a receipt and confirmation.
- Please inform us in advance of any allergies, disabilities, diabetes, pregnancy, epilepsy, learning difficulties etc.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Please note that fees paid are strictly non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
- Participants must arrive at the workshop 10 mins before the workshop starts.
- A non-refundable administration fee of S$20 applies for every change request.
- Little Bakers Lab do not provide refunds or credits when a participant fails to attend a baking workshop.
Staying Safe and Healthy
- An attendee won’t be allowed into the baking workshop if showing any symptoms related to Covid19 and no refunds will be provided.
- For the baking workshops, customers should be dressed comfortably but with safety in mind. Do not wear loose clothing that could get caught in machinery or equipment. Jewellery should not be worn. You should wear hair clips or bands for long hair.
- All chef instructors, staff, and participants will be wearing masks at all times, except when drinking from their own water bottles.
Images, Videos and Recipes for any of the Little Bakers Lab workshops
- Recipes will be handed in hardcopy to participants.
- These recipes are and remain as intellectual property of Little Bakers Lab.
- The customer may not use, or make copies of Little Bakers Lab’s recipes, images and videos for any commercial use or share them with the general public, friends or family.
- Little Bakers Lab Pte Ltd reserves the right to take judicial action to prevent any unauthorized use of Little Bakers Lab’s recipes, images and videos.
- Without prior notice, little Bakers Lab reserves the copyrights of photography and videos taken in class for future promotional purposes. If you do not wish to be included in such, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us prior to the class. Failure to do so will mean that you waive all rights to Little Bakers Lab to use photos or videos that we have captured of you during the class.
- In the event that the minimum number of participants is not met, the class will be cancelled. We will inform you via email. You can choose to either get a refund of the class fee or attend another class of the same value.