Kouign Amann Workshop [04 Feb 3pm]
Never heard before about Kouign Amann? If you’ve never heard of these beauties, they hail from the Brittany region of France and the name comes from Breton language words for “Butter” and “Cake”
It’s similar to a croissant but it is both denser and more caramelized. They are made from laminated dough, which you would use for croissants or puff pastry, and towards the end sugar is folded into the dough, which creates an amazing sticky fun or caramelized croissant situation once these are baked.
The irresistible combination of sweet, salty, sticky, buttery, crispy, flaky and tender is something you must experience to believe. This is absolutely not as difficult as you may worry. You can enjoy it at breakfast, at party time or for dessert.
This workshop is suitable even for beginners without experience.
1.Learn the proper techniques of wrapping, rolling and folding a Kouign-Amann pastry dough to ultimately create paper-thin layers of delicious pastry.
2.Learn the good technique and an understanding of the basics of creating multi-layered laminated dough for the original Kouign-Amann.
3. Use our special in-house recipes to make Pistachio Ganache, Cookies and Cream, Chocolate Hazelnut, Earl Grey Lavender and Ruby Berries topping specially for this pastry.
4. Learn how to shape the dough followed by how to roll, cut and create Kouign-Amann shape from scratch.
5. Learn the importance of proofing your Danishes We will show you how to ensure your puff pastries come out of the oven looking great with tips on proper heat distribution and temperature to achieve the best results.
6.The importance of using the right ingredients for good Danish.
Date & Time:February 4, 2023 3:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Location: 79A Serangoon Garden Way, Singapore 555975
Instructor: Chef Lee Shee Yang
Duration: 5 hours
This workshop will be conducted in Mandarin with a English translator
You will also get to bring home these following:
– 1 x Original
– 1 x Pistachio Ganache with Lemon Zest
– 1 x Cookies and Cream
– 1 x Ruby Berries
– 1 x Earl Grey Lavender
– 1 x Chocolate Hazelnut with Sea Salt
– Full recipe
– 10% OFF storewide voucher at selected Wheat outlets
*Please inform us in advance of any allergies, disabilities, diabetes, pregnancy, epilepsy, learning difficulties etc.
4 in stock
MEET CHEF YANG
- To lock a date (Baking workshops), payment in full is required through a credit card before the class.
- Customers are responsible to ensure they receive a receipt and confirmation.
- Please inform us in advance of any allergies, disabilities, diabetes, pregnancy, epilepsy, learning difficulties etc.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Please note that fees paid are strictly non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
- Participants are responsible to arrive at the workshop 10 mins before the workshop starts.
- For cancellations of workshop/camp due to unforeseen circumstances, you can make a replacement (Subjected to the availability of the workshop) for the workshop. But there will be a charge of $15 for preparation of the ingredients and administration purposes.
- Little Bakers Lab do not provide refunds or credits when a participant fails to attend a baking workshop.
Staying Safe and Healthy
- An attendee won’t be allowed into the baking workshop if showing any symptoms related to Covid19 and no refunds will be provided.
- For the baking workshops, customers should be dressed comfortably but with safety in mind. Do not wear loose clothing that could get caught in machinery or equipment. Jewellery should not be worn. You should wear hair clips or bands for long hair.
- All chef instructors, staff, and participants will be wearing mask at all times, except when drinking from your own water bottle.
Images, Videos and Recipes for any of the Little Bakers Lab workshops
- Recipes will be handed in hardcopy to participants.
- These recipes are and remain as intellectual property of Little Bakers Lab.
- The customer may not use, or make copies of Little Bakers Lab's recipes, images and videos for any commercial use or share them with the general public, friends or family.
- Little Bakers Lab Pte Ltd reserves the right to take judicial action to prevent any unauthorized use of Little Bakers Lab's recipes, images and videos.
- Little Bakers Lab reserves the copyrights of photography and videos taken in class for future promotional purposes, without prior notice. If you do not wish to be included in such, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us prior to the class. Failure to do so will mean that you waive all rights to Little Bakers Lab to use photos or videos that we have captured of you during the class.
- In the event that the minimum number of participants is not met, the class will be cancelled. We will inform you via email. You can choose to either get a refund of the class fee or attend another class of the same value.