Indonesian Lapis Surabaya & Pisang Bolen Workshop
“Spekkoek” or Spike, well known as Lapis Surabaya in Singapore originated from the Netherlands, the classic layered cake is made using only premium butter with fruit jam spread between the layers for a seamless blend of flavours and textures. Carefully baked and layered together, intricate attention to every detail from the ingredients to the baking creates moist layers with a firm yet soft & smooth surface. Perfect for your tea break, gatherings, celebrations, or as a thoughtful, intricate gift for that special someone. “Bananen bollen” or “pisang bolen” in Indonesian is a pastry influenced by the Dutch. It has flaky yet soft pastry skin filled with banana, cheese, or chocolate.
Join us to learn how to make these authentic Indonesian pastries, you will be taught by instructor Rani using her own original Indonesian recipe.
This workshop is suitable for beginners without experience!
– The importance of using the right ingredients for good Lapis Surabaya and Pisang Bolen
– How to prepare the cake batter
– How to incorporate the fruit filling
– How to make pastry skin
– How to bake to perfection
– Troubleshoot and fix the creation
You will also get to bring home with you the following:
– 1 x Surabaya Cake
– 4 x Banana Roll Pastry with Chocolate
– 4 x Banana Roll Pastry with Cheese
– Full recipe
– A 10% OFF storewide voucher at Wheat outlets
*Please inform us in advance of any allergies, disabilities, diabetes, pregnancy, epilepsy, learning difficulties etc.
Rani is the founder of @Loverina, an online business selling well-known Indonesian bakes. She also specialises in crafting traditional Indonesian delicacies and with years of baking experience, Instructor Rani is excited to impart her skillsets to each of her participants in perfecting their bakes through her baking workshops!
She is always looking forward to welcoming you to Little Bakers Lab!
- To lock a date (Baking workshops), payment in full is required through a credit card before the class.
- Customers are responsible to ensure they receive a receipt and confirmation.
- Please inform us in advance of any allergies, disabilities, diabetes, pregnancy, epilepsy, learning difficulties etc.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Please note that fees paid are strictly non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
- Participants are responsible to arrive at the workshop 10 mins before the workshop starts.
- For cancellations of workshop/camp due to unforeseen circumstances, you can make a replacement (Subjected to the availability of the workshop) for the workshop. But there will be a charge of $15 for preparation of the ingredients and administration purposes.
- Little Bakers Lab do not provide refunds or credits when a participant fails to attend a baking workshop.
Staying Safe and Healthy
- An attendee won’t be allowed into the baking workshop if showing any symptoms related to Covid19 and no refunds will be provided.
- For the baking workshops, customers should be dressed comfortably but with safety in mind. Do not wear loose clothing that could get caught in machinery or equipment. Jewellery should not be worn. You should wear hair clips or bands for long hair.
- All chef instructors, staff, and participants will be wearing mask at all times, except when drinking from your own water bottle.
Images, Videos and Recipes for any of the Little Bakers Lab workshops
- Recipes will be handed in hardcopy to participants.
- These recipes are and remain as intellectual property of Little Bakers Lab.
- The customer may not use, or make copies of Little Bakers Lab's recipes, images and videos for any commercial use or share them with the general public, friends or family.
- Little Bakers Lab Pte Ltd reserves the right to take judicial action to prevent any unauthorized use of Little Bakers Lab's recipes, images and videos.
- Little Bakers Lab reserves the copyrights of photography and videos taken in class for future promotional purposes, without prior notice. If you do not wish to be included in such, please email email@example.com to inform us prior to the class. Failure to do so will mean that you waive all rights to Little Bakers Lab to use photos or videos that we have captured of you during the class.
- In the event that the minimum number of participants is not met, the class will be cancelled. We will inform you via email. You can choose to either get a refund of the class fee or attend another class of the same value.