Sweet Potato Ondeh Ondeh & Pandan Puteri Ayu Workshop
Embark on a delightful journey into the heart of traditional Peranakan sweets with our “Art of Making Sweet Potato Ondeh Ondeh and Puteri Kueh Workshop,” proudly presented in collaboration with Kueh Ho Jiak. Indulge your senses as we delve into the vibrant flavours, colours, and techniques that define this iconic Nyonya kueh!
Unearth closely guarded family recipes and insider tips, you’ll leave with not just the ability to make these delicious kueh but also with the understanding of the cultural significance behind each bite.
After this workshop, you will proudly carry home your handcrafted kueh to share with family and friends. You’ll have the knowledge and skills to recreate these mouthwatering delicacies in your own kitchen.
*Please inform us in advance of any allergies, disabilities, diabetes, pregnancy, epilepsy, learning difficulties etc.
Learning the Authentic Creation and Recipes of Kueh Maker Leaders, Kueh Ho Jiak:
Pandan Puteri Ayu with Grated Coconut:
– How to make Pandan Puteri Ayu, a traditional heritage kueh using beautiful design mold.
– Master the skill and techniques of how to handle and beat the mixture.
– Learn to make fragrant and Natural Pandan Puteri Ayu without using colouring or preservatives.
– How to handle and treat the grated coconut using the best storage methods for a longer shelf life.
– You will work in pairs to beat the mixture and steam the kuehs.
– Discover the best methods of making Pandan Puteri Ayu
Sweet Potatoes Ondeh:
– How to make Sweet Potatoes Ondeh in different techniques, master the skill of wrapping the gula melaka in the ondehs without bursting it. (Molding techniques)
– Learn to make colourful sweet potatoes ondeh without using colouring
– How to handle and treat the grated coconut using the best storage methods for a longer shelf life
– You will work in pairs to make the dough for the sweet potatoes ondeh
– Discover the best methods of making an ondeh without bursting it
You get to bring home these following:
– 8 x Pandan Puteri Ayu
– 8 x Sweet Potato Ondeh Ondeh
– Free Kueh Ho Jiak Apron
– Full recipe
– 10% OFF storewide voucher at Wheat outlet & Kueh Ho Jiak online store.
MEET CHEF SANDY & ELIZABETH
Kueh Ho Jiak is a multi-generation family business started by Sandy Tan, the 58-year-old founder of Kueh Ho Jiak, who spent most of her childhood around her mother’s small makeshift food cart selling kueh and simple food in the kampung. It first started with her grandmother & passed on to her mom. While helping her mom with collecting dishes and sundry tasks, she picked up culinary skills and organizational abilities as well. She slowly learned the skills set of Nonya kueh making and other traditional Nanyang delicacies, and helped cook and managed the stall for her mum by the young age of 12.
Today, Kueh Ho Jiak is being recognized as a heritage hawker by UNESCO, for being a market leader in kueh and yet staying true to one’s roots. With the help of Elizabeth Chan (daughter) 34 years old, the family expanded the business to include catering services, online deliveries, workshops and even live station cooking of Nonya kueh at MnC Pantry Areas, Outdoor Events and Grassroots Club to preserve this heritage and culture.
AS FEATURED ON
& MANY MORE
Terms and Conditions
- To lock a date (Baking workshops), payment in full is required through a credit card before the class.
- Customers are responsible to ensure they receive a receipt and confirmation.
- Please inform us in advance of any allergies, disabilities, diabetes, pregnancy, epilepsy, learning difficulties etc.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Please note that fees paid are strictly non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
- Participants must arrive at the workshop 10 mins before the workshop starts.
- A non-refundable administration fee of S$20 applies for every change request.
- Little Bakers Lab do not provide refunds or credits when a participant fails to attend a baking workshop.
Staying Safe and Healthy
- An attendee won’t be allowed into the baking workshop if showing any symptoms related to Covid19 and no refunds will be provided.
- For the baking workshops, customers should be dressed comfortably but with safety in mind. Do not wear loose clothing that could get caught in machinery or equipment. Jewellery should not be worn. You should wear hair clips or bands for long hair.
- All chef instructors, staff, and participants will be wearing masks at all times, except when drinking from their own water bottles.
Images, Videos and Recipes for any of the Little Bakers Lab workshops
- Recipes will be handed in hardcopy to participants.
- These recipes are and remain as intellectual property of Little Bakers Lab.
- The customer may not use, or make copies of Little Bakers Lab’s recipes, images and videos for any commercial use or share them with the general public, friends or family.
- Little Bakers Lab Pte Ltd reserves the right to take judicial action to prevent any unauthorized use of Little Bakers Lab’s recipes, images and videos.
- Without prior notice, little Bakers Lab reserves the copyrights of photography and videos taken in class for future promotional purposes. If you do not wish to be included in such, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us prior to the class. Failure to do so will mean that you waive all rights to Little Bakers Lab to use photos or videos that we have captured of you during the class.
- In the event that the minimum number of participants is not met, the class will be cancelled. We will inform you via email. You can choose to either get a refund of the class fee or attend another class of the same value.